Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Fifty/Fifties, Rice, and Myself.


You’ve heard me speak about these, but what the hell, right?

I was born in Valencia, Spain, and my mama is from the U.S. of A. She married an Español, had my older sister Elisa, and myself.

Paella is my cities’ signature dish, and guess what the main ingredient is. This is my friend Ramon’s mother gourmet duck and rabbit paella.

I happen to have dual citizenship, and am happy about the liberty of movement factor. Liberty of movement, between two of the countries that can offer me the most possibilities of work, at this precise moment in time.

I have chosen my professional career path to run along high level sailing, especially, among others. You can now see why I am stalled. The legal dispute holding the America’s Cup back, is destroying hopes, team funding, professionals of all sorts, and most sadly family ties and relationships. Since I could involuntarily be throwing rocks on my own roof, I will abstain from digging deeper into the subject.

But I thought everyone had the constitutional right, at least in my country, to express themselves freely, no matter the subject?

Yeah, but hold it! I don’t want anyone reading this, that could jeopardize my future employment, wherever that may be, only by judging my honest expression of thought. You see, this is something that should be appreciated, and not deprecated. But one thing I am not, is stupid. Some, will try to argue that, as well. Probably someone who has always something to say, even when there is no request for his word. It is he, who should yap less, and listen more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey man, what's going on, we want more!

Dimitri