Thursday, April 3, 2008

“What to do when you have nothing to do, or think so.”

I am doing this right now.

You think: “I am waiting on important news regarding a very possible job, but just incase, I better let others know how much I want to work, and that I am available”. Job done. Splat, splat.

I started taking running more seriously, and with the help and encouragement from Lysaira, I am now attending the track in the rio Turia religiously. I’ve quite a bit of time on my hands, so when I’m not on the phone checking out vacancies in my sector of work, cooking with TLC, or emailing about more work, I then lust for a workout. Just like pregnant women might lust for pickles and ice cream, among other food items. I feel a need for an endorphin shoot-up. That’s how I get it. Whoa, it’s an ass-kicking, but does it feel good!

You do know there are addictions, and usually to narcotics. Some, very strange indeed. But this is also categorized as an addiction. I am talking about exercising. It produces, in the vast majority of humans, such a great mix of sensations, among them pleasure, relief, accomplishment, serenity, and a general well-being, it is hard, once discovered, not to crave them. If you are kept away from these endorphin “fixes”, it is common to fall into depression, and feel that everything is boring, lack of enthusiasm… All in all, apathetic.

I don’t feel like that too much, but when I do…

No comments: